Advanced ACI Essentials
This two-day ILT course builds on ACI fundamentals to provide expert-level training and lab time in the most-requested advanced training topics. Material covered includes: Design Best Practices, Legacy Network Integration, Multiple Site Options, Micro-segmentation, ACI & UCS, Application Dependency Mapping, and Advanced L3Out topics.
BTA has deployed over 250 ACI Fabrics, and these are the Advanced topics that are implemented most frequently.
After organizations have begun the SDN journey with ACI, they require expertise in Legacy migrations, Design best practices, Micro-segmentation and other topics. This course delivers that expertise.
This is the Next Step in ACI expertise.
Completion of one of the following courses:
- ACI Field Engineer Implementation
- Configuring Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches in ACI Mode
- Or equivalent ACI experience
Familiarity with Data Center infrastructure operations
Familiarity with management of Cisco DC switches
These are MANDATORY. This is an Advanced class, and there will be no review of ACI fundamentals.
After the course attendees will be able to:
- Optimize their ACI Fabric
- Understand the most common options and design choices for L3Out external routed connectivity
- Migrate legacy workloads to an ACI fabric
- Identify all the components of legacy applications and build ACI Application Profiles
- Configure various options for multiple-site ACI deployments
- Configure micro-segmentation
- Configure UCS servers for optimal ACI operations
- Design an ACI fabric according to field-hardened Best Practices
This course is for Architects and Network Engineers who design Cisco ACI data center networks.
Interactive Instructor Led Training
Lecture + Hands-on Lab.
Module 0: Agenda / Intro / Logistics
Module 1: Advanced & Shared L3Out
Lab Configure Shared L3Out
Module 2: ACI Transit Routing
Lab Configure Transit Routing in an ACI Fabric
Module 3: ACI & Legacy Networks
Lab Migrate Workloads from a Legacy Network to ACI
Module 4: Application Dependency Mapping
Lab Discover and Map a Production Application
Module 5: ACI Multiple Sites
Lab Configure a Multisite Fabric
Module 6: ACI Micro-segmentation
Lab Configure Application with Micro-segmentation
Module 7: ACI & UCS Best Practices
Lab Optimize UCS Configuration for ACI
Module 8: ACI Design Boot Camp
Lab Build an ACI Design from Customer Requirements
The instructor showed a very clear understanding of the topics and answered questions clearly.
Best training experience by far, "A" rating end to end from the material, the way it was delivered, the trainer was amazing, a true expert and professional.
BTA is the Gold Standard in ACI training
Talking with BTA about ACI is like finding someone who speaks your language in a foreign country.
GTR = Guaranteed To Run